What are the Factors to Keep in Mind Before Choosing a Diagnostic Center?
In the medical field, diagnostic tests play an important role to help doctors diagnose a certain disease and plan the treatment. A diagnostic center is a healthcare facility that offers the services of health tests to identify and study the medical conditions.
In this age of rapid commercialization, several diagnostic centers are sprawling in every corner. Given below are the factors that you should consider while choosing a diagnostic center.
- Accreditation/Credibility of the diagnostic center- This is the first and foremost factor that should be considered. Check if the certain diagnostic center is ISO certified before choosing it for availing the services. You can rely on one if it is recognized by NABL or the lab which maintains as per the NABL guideline. Only trusted brands like Apollo, with years of legacy in healthcare, can maintain long-term credibility when it comes to providing quality services.
- Quality of staff, reports and the facility – Ask your friends and family about the diagnostic centers they visited and go through the internet reviews to understand the quality of the staff and the facility. It is important to check if the staff are well trained and skilled enough to handle the specimens. The staff has to be courteous and pay attention to customer relationships. Visit the facility to see the hygiene and cleanliness of the diagnostic center. An important factor to consider is to check if the instruments in the lab are sterilized. Also, if the samples are not handled properly in an organized fashion, there is a chance of alteration of samples and so, the results can be inaccurate.
- Equipment and Technology – Best diagnostic centers always take their machines as serious as their medical practitioners and make sure that they are updated with the current technology. Good technical instruments mean higher accurate reports. Check if the prospective diagnostic center has clinical pathology, molecular biology etc. Go through the company website to check for the departments they deal with.
- Distance – Some diagnostic tests may require you to fast for a specific period of time. So check for the time that the diagnostic center starts and its distance from your home.
- Services and policies – Do a quick check of the policies and how fast your reports arrive, other services like home sample collection, mode of report delivery etc.
- Affordability – Your diagnostic center should be cost effective with all the above factors.
Apollo Diagnostics is the most reliable diagnostic center with the latest equipment, qualified staff and with over 200 centre’s it is spread across various cities in India. Also, Apollo Diagnostics provide Free Home Collection service which makes it an ideal diagnostic to choose among the lot.