Healthy Nutrition for Weight Loss
Weight loss is one of the biggest challenges that most people are facing all over the world. People are battling it with diets and exercise and while some ideas work some do not. If it doesn’t, the efforts can seem worthless and you might just want to give up. But, before you think of giving up, you must know the reason why things are not working out.
Exercise and diet go hand in hand. You might be putting in extra hours at the gym, but have you been taking a good look at what you have been eating to keep the balance? Good nutrition, which comes from real foods, is what truly contributes to the weight loss. With the market flooding with processed foods, you need to be extra careful of what you eat.
Most of us must be wondering what real foods are and how you can distinguish them from others. To answer your questions and help you with your battle of weight loss here are some things you need to know.
Which Foods Provide Good Nutrition?
If you intend to derive good nutrition from what you consume every day, the trick is to stick to foods like nuts, vegetables, fruits, or/and healthy animal products that are filled with protein. Some foods that you can obtain good nutrition from are as follows –
- Nuts, pulses, and grains like almonds, lentils, oatmeal, and wheat germ
- Vegetables and fruits like broccoli, apples, kale, blueberries, avocado, and sweet potatoes
- Foods rich in Omega-3
- High- protein products like white-meat, egg, tofu, and soy
- Low-fat dairy products
While you do start on a good nutrition diet, also ensure that you stay away from certain foods that could be harmful to your health. Saturated and trans-fat is commonly found in processed foods, red meat, and fried foods. Hence, it is best to stay away from them as much as possible.
Here’s a simple guide to help you get on with your weight loss journey through healthy nutrition:
- Skip your ‘eat out’ plans:Almost all food businesses around the world follow the thumb rule of pleasing the taste buds of their patrons. And in doing so, loads of unhealthy calories, synthetic ingredients, and saturated fats make way into the preparation of their dishes which promotes weight gain. There’s nothing like home-cooked food with due attention to their nutrient value of everything you consume when it comes to losing weight.
- Eat at regular intervals:Before a scrumptious spread, we often end up succumbing to our gluttonous instincts that negatively impacts our overall metabolism. Consuming smaller meals throughout the day aids in enhancing metabolism, thereby helping you maintain a healthy body mass index.
- Know your nutrients:Be selective while doing grocery: read the labels keenly while picking kitchen ingredients from the supermarket to ensure you strike the right balance of all essential nutrient in your meals.
- Set realistic goals: There’s no magic pill or concoction to melt away your love handles overnight. Weight loss is a journey marked by perseverance, discipline and deft awareness about food and nutrition. Be patient with your practices, and results will follow suit.
Following these simple nutritional strategies, you can lose weight effectively and pave way for a fit and healthy future. Besides, undergoing timely health check-up is imperative in ensuring complete well-being in the long run. At Apollo Diagnostics, you can avail world-class health check-up facilities at an affordable price. To book anappointment, call 44442424 or visit www.apollodiagnostics.in