Lose Weight the Right Way
We all want to look like the best version of ourselves. While it’s important to feel comfortable in one’s own skin, it’s also important to lose any excess weight that may cause a variety of health issues in the long run. If you want to lose weight, make sure you choose the right path and not the easy way out. After all, there is no short cut when it comes to weight loss.
Weight loss is a combination of exercise and nutrition – 75% of your battle will be won by eating right while the rest 25% can be done by following an exercise routine.
Here are a few tips that will ensure that you lose weight in a healthy manner:
- Don’t Skip on Breakfast
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day as it is the first source of energy and nutrition that a person gets. A good breakfast also ensures that you do not keep munching on unhealthy snacks. A few healthy breakfast ideas include eggs that are full of protein, oats that contain high levels of fibre, which is very effective in controlling your blood sugar and cholesterol levels, and fruits that contain essential vitamins and minerals.
- Drink water
It is very important to keep yourself hydrated, especially because thirst is often confused for hunger. Sometimes, you can satisfy your unbearable hunger with just a glass of water! Water also helps boost your metabolism, and rids your body of waste materials and toxins. Lastly, drinking more water stops your body from retaining water, helping you lose any ‘water weight’ that you may have accumulated. While the quantity of water that you must drink daily depends on your weight, you must drink at least 1.5 to 2 litres every day.
- Exercise regularly
Exercise has no substitute when it comes to weight loss. If you are trying to lose weight, you must dedicate certain amounts of time every day for exercise. However, you need to start slowly and build up your stamina and fitness levels. Excessive exercising all of a sudden can prove to be very harmful as your body is not used to this level of activity. There are different types of exercises that you can choose from, including yoga, pilates, kick-boxing, dancing, gym, running, etc. Choose a form of exercise that you enjoy and that suits you best.
- Nutrition from all foods
Dieting will help you lose weight, however, you need to get nutrition from every food group in the food pyramid. Your diet should mostly consist of vegetables and fruits, followed by a small amount of carbohydrates, preferably whole grain versions of bread, rice and pasta. You can consume 3 servings a day of dairy products. The fourth group includes meat, poultry, seafood, beans and nuts that are high in protein. The fifth group consists of fats like butter, ghee and cooking oil. And last comes the sugary food group that should be eaten only once or twice a week.
Tips and tricks that will help you lose weight are:
- Throw away all the junk and processed foods from your pantry.
- Do not ban the food that you like to indulge in completely as it will just increase your cravings. Indulging in small quantities once in a while will help ensure your diet lasts longer.
- Eat slowly – It takes 20 minutes for the brain to tell the stomach that it is full.
- Do not distract yourself while eating. Keep a check on what you are eating and be aware of how much food is on your plate.
- Use smaller plates and bowls. This will trick your brain into eating less.
- Cut down on your alcohol intake. A glass of wine has as many calories as a bar of chocolate.
- Eating small portions of food every few hours will keep you satiated and your metabolism functioning optimally.
It’s true that healthy lifestyle is the key to leading a healthy life in the future, but there’s no taking away from the fact that timely check-ups are just as important in ensuring our well-being in the long run. At Apollo Diagnostics, we offer free home collection facilities making health check-up convenient than ever before. To book an appointment, call 44442424 or visit www.apollodiagnostics.in