GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR EATING HEALTHY FOOD
The sedentary lifestyle of the urban populace often becomes the breeding ground of several health disorders. By imposing healthy eating habits for yourself and your family, one can obviate a lot of medical woes and financial worries.
Hence we have come up with general guidelines on what to eat and how it can benefit your body.
- Gorge on the veggies: Needless to say, leafy greens possess immense benefits for your body. Vegetables like broccoli, beans, sprouts, spinach, kale are the key to a disease-free life. Dark green veggies contain vitamins, minerals and fibre. They reduce the risk of obesity, cardiovascular diseases, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
- Stock up on fruits: Fruits that are rich in antioxidants like blueberry, strawberry, orange and grapes should become an essential part of your diet. They are the source of many vital minerals and even phytonutrients. Consuming them every day can keep life-threatening disease like cancer at bay.
- Consume high-fibre foods: High-fibre foods like avocado, artichoke, lentils and kidney beans enable weight-loss, lower blood sugar levels and prevent constipation. The advisable amount per day for women is 25 grams and for men it is 38 grams. Soluble fibre foods like oat, barley bran and dry peas help to lower blood cholesterol.
- Reduce intake of fats and high-calorie items: One does not have to be a nutritionist or dietician to understand that saturated fats and calorie-rich foods must be consumed in moderation. It can help regulate the blood cholesterol level and also keep your body weight in check.
- Go easy on the sugar: Prevention is always better than cure. Moreover a disease like diabetes cannot be eliminated in totality, once the patient is affected by it. There are various ill-effects of consuming excess of sugar, thus one must refrain from over-eating desserts and sweets occasionally.
- Cut down on processed food: Processed foods are high in unhealthy fats and pose serious consequences for one’s health. The amount of sodium and sugar is also present in unhealthy amounts in such packaged foods and thus they adversely impact the human body.
- Switch from junk foods to whole grains: Healthy eating habit is all about choosing the right food options from every major food group. Whole grains like rice, wheat and oats can also keep you full for longer thus suppressing your urge to grab unhealthy snacks.
The above–mentioned 7 tips on thoughtful eating habits will help you maintain a balanced body weight and invariably protect your body against various diseases.
At Apollo Diagnostics, we are committed to providing you with complete and trusted health check-up solutions at an affordable price. To book a full-body check-up at Apollo Diagnostics, visit: https://www.apollodiagnostics.in/