10 BENEFITS OF FRUITS IN OUR LIFE
Fruits must be an indispensable part of our daily diet if we wish to lead a disease-free life. They come with numerous health benefits owing to the presence of crucial nutrients and minerals.
Read on to know about the 10 benefits of eating fruits:
- Great source of essential vitamins: They are an excellent source of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. Eating a variety of fruits in the form of a fruit salad can go a long way in stimulating the energy level and health factor of the body.
- Keeping cardiovascular diseases at bay: Fruits also reduce the risk of heart-related diseases and even cancer. Fruits like apricot, apple, grapefruit are rich in flavonoids, carotenoids, fibre, potassium and magnesium that protects the heart against a plethora of diseases.
- High in fibre content: The presence of dietary fibre in fruits can keep the blood cholesterol level in check and also reduce the risk of obesity and type 2 diabetes in individuals. Fibre-rich fruits such as strawberry, apple, banana and mango also possess anti-carcinogenic properties.
- Excellent source of nutrition for pregnant women: Fruits contain folate (folic acid) that helps the body to form red blood cells. It is advisable for pregnant women to consume fruits (orange and grapefruit) in optimum amounts and enrich their body with folic acid. It helps reduce the risk of physical and mental deformities in the foetus.
- Regulates blood pressure: Fruits like bananas, oranges, avocado that are rich in potassium can help you maintain a normal blood pressure. They are also low in carbs and fat; hence they naturally prove healthier than any other food substitute.
- Keeps body weight in check: Fruits that are rich in vitamin C prove beneficial in controlling the body weight. Moreover, fruits do not contain any saturated fats or cholesterol that are harmful for cardiac health.
- Aids in digestion: Fruits with high-fibre content retain laxative properties and ease the process of digestion in the human body. This also prevents the formation of kidney stones.
- Nourishing the skin and hair: They are high on anti-oxidants that help the skin to retain its radiance and glow. Fruits like papaya, coconut, etc. can fight various dermatological disorders. Fruits containing vitamin A give the hair a lustrous look.
- Hydrates the body: Owing to the high amount of water in most of the fruits, they are an easy and quick source of hydration. Their intake is equally important during summers and winters.
- Boosts the immune system: Fruits are rich in calcium, magnesium and even essential vitamins like Vit K and Vit E. These can treat various chronic disorders and also improve our resistance against germs and diseases.
In short, fruit consumption is imperative when it comes to leading a healthy lifestyle. Having them on a regular basis will keep most ailments at bay. However, if you do observe any health-related issues, get yourself diagnosed at Apollo Diagnostics. You can avail expert diagnosis and the best treatment for any minor or major indisposition here. Get the best medical assistance via top-notch diagnostic equipments.
Book your appointment here: https://www.apollodiagnostics.in/