Our busy lives and work schedules leave us with little time to pay attention to our health. A regular health check is as necessary for men as much as it is for women. It’s imperative that men also get a medical check-up done to avoid any severe ailments to reach a critical stage.
Here we have a list of crucial medical exams that a man over the age of 35 years requires:
- Heart risk tests–The most important heart test is the blood pressure test. BP is the biggest risk factor for heart issues and yet is the easiest to control. Lipid profile or the Cholesterol test is the second vital test. It determines the good, bad, overall cholesterol levels (fatty substance accumulated in the blood) and triglycerides in the body.
- HS CRP (High Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein) Test – It is a blood test done to pre-detect a heart attack or stroke by tracing any inflammation in the arteries.
- Apolipoprotein A-1 Test – Like lipid profile, this too is a cholesterol related test. Apo A-1 is the main protein or component present in HDL or good cholesterol that removes excess fat from the blood cells. That is why its levels need to be tested on a regular basis because a low count is an invitation to heart blockages and stroke.
Apart from these heart related tests, the following tests are also vital:
- Diabetes – A blood sugar test will determine the levels of plasma glucose in the blood. This may also be associated with cardiovascular disease. This blood glucose tolerance test is done to detect the body’s ability to metabolise glucose. The test is recommended for patients who are overweight or at risk of heart diseases, high blood pressure or have a family history of diabetes.
- Liver and Kidney profile – These are done to ensure the proper functioning of the liver and the kidneys. Getting these profiles done periodically can help prevent liver and kidney failure.
Apart from getting these tests done on a regular basis, it is also necessary to choose a credible and reliable diagnostics centre. Choose Apollo Diagnostics. The pathological technicians at Apollo Diagnostics will be able to diagnose your condition accurately using their expertise, experience, and state-of- the-art technology. Apollo Diagnostics even provides a free home collection service for your ease and convenience. All you have to do is call us on 44442424 to avail this facility.