Full Body Checkup – Advantages
For a healthy living, it’s important we adhere to a nutritious diet, engage in physical activity and maintain an effective sleeping pattern. Besides these primary drivers, getting a routine full body checkup is tantamount to our well-being.
Here are the advantages of a full body checkup:
- Helps you to know where you are going wrong with your lifestyle: With a full body checkup, you get to know as to how your current lifestyle is affecting your health. For instance, if you have a typical desk job, you may not actually realize the extent to which your sedentary routine is causing you harm. Once you test yourself for deficiencies and life-threatening diseases, it’s only then you really understand as to what kind of changes you need to bring into your life.
- Helps reduce the chances of various diseases and conditions: As you age, your risk of acquiring certain diseases (heart problems, high cholesterol, dementia, etc.) also increases. The only way to reduce the occurrences of these ailments is prevention. If you already suffer from them, then the only way to keep your health from dwindling is to control them. For both prevention and control, the first step is making a full body checkup an essential practice.
- Gives you a comprehensive analysis of your vital body functions: A full body checkup package must contain the following tests:
- Complete Blood Count (CBC) – It assesses the proportionate presence of blood corpuscles, namely RBC, WBC, platelets, Hemoglobin among others. A deficiency of any of these can lead to dangerous aliments like anemia, etc. if not detected in time.
- Urine Routine – Urine analysis helps to screen urinary tract infections, kidney problems, liver issues, diabetes and/ or other metabolic conditions.
- Glucose Fasting & PP – It’s a simple and economical way of measuring a person’s blood glucose level. It helps attain a clear picture of how vulnerable one is to the onset of diabetes.
- HbA1c – This helps diabetic patients realize the effectiveness of their control measures through a mathematically deduced average of one’s blood glucose level over the past few months.
- Lipid Profile – Keeps a tab on the good and bad cholesterol levels in the body. The results assist in planning or modifying your diet further in order to keep heart diseases at bay.
- Liver Function Test (LFT) – It is conducted to check multiple hepatic parameters like SGOT, SGPT and Bilirubin that serve as crucial indicators of overall liver health. Any deference from permissible limits in the measure of factors mentioned above must be clinically correlated.
- Kidney Function Test (KFT) – It’s a combination of multiple investigations, namely serum urea, serum creatinine and urine analysis to understand the overall health of the kidneys.
- Thyroid Profile (T3, T4, TSH) – This helps diagnose underactivity (hypothyroidism) and over activity (hyperthyroidism) of the thyroid gland. Thyroid hormones are responsible for regulating a series of metabolic activities, and therefore, it’s important to ensure that thyroid gland secretions are present in adequate amount in our blood.
- Vitamin B12 – Verifies vitamin B12 deficiency which, if not rectified, can lead to weakness, anemia, nerve damage, ulcers, depression etc.Gives you a comprehensive analysis of your vital body functions: A full body checkup package must contain the following tests:
- Vitamin D Total – Checks for vitamin D deficiency which, if not rectified, can lead to rickets, osteoporosis, weaker bones, cancer, multiple sclerosis, etc.
Now that you know how helpful a full body checkup is, get yourself checked at the earliest to ensure a healthy life. Book your test at Apollo Diagnostics for assured quality and affordability.