Widely credited as the architect of modern Indian healthcare, he is best described as a compassionate humanitarian who dedicated his life’s effort to bringing world-class healthcare within the economic and geographic reach of millions. His untiring pursuit of excellence in healthcare has been recognized by the Government of India and other organizations.
• Padma Vibhushan (2010) & Padma Bhushan (1991).
• 50 personalities who made a difference to India since Independence – Business India (1997).
• The Fellowship Ad Hominem (2000) by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
• Ernst & Young ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ award, 2001.
• The Government of India honors Apollo Hospitals with a Commemorative Postage Stamp (2009).
• Lifetime Achievement Awards – FICCI, AIMA, Rotary International and Frost Sullivan, Asian Business Leaders.